At our first PTO meeting on September 3, 2015 we voted to adopt the following amendments to the current by-laws:
Article IV: Membership and Dues
2. Any eligible family member(parent(s) and/or guardian(s) shall become a member of this organization upon the payment of the yearly dues. Each shall be entitled to a separate vote. If dues are increased or decreased from the previous year's dues a vote of the full Executive Board will be taken before the first general meeting of the year.
Article VI: Executive Board
3. Regular meetings of the Executive Board for the upcoming school year, shall be held a minimum of two times during the school year; the time to be fixed by the board. A majority of the Executive Board shall constitute a quorum.
Article VII: Officers, Nominations And Elections Of:
1. The Officers of this Organization shall be a President, a Vice President/Co-Vice President, a Recording Secretary, a Corresponding Secretary and a Treasurer/Co-Treasurer. Offices may be shared at the recommendation of the Nominating Committee and approval of the Executive Board. The Officers shall be elected at the general PTO meeting held in May and shall serve for a term of one year. No officer shall hold the same office for more than four consecutive terms unless at the election meeting no other candidate has been presented.
Article VIII: Duties of Officers
1. The President shall preside at all General Meetings and Executive Board meetings; shall be a member ex-officio of all committees except the nominating committee; shall coordinate the work of the officers and committees in order that the objectives may be achieved, and attend or designate a representative to attend public meetings when necessary.
2. The Vice-President/Co-Vice President shall act as aides to the President and will in their designated order perform the duties of the President in the absence or inability of that office to serve. The Vice-President/Co-Vice President shall oversee all fundraising efforts, designate fundraiser coordinators, and approve all fundraising efforts. The Vice-President/Co-Vice President shall assist in any PTO matters as deemed necessary by the President.